Flying Field Information
Blue Max R/C Flying Club uses the flying field located in the Deer Grove Forest Preserve in Palatine, IL. The Forest Preserve Regulations along with a map to the field are provided below.
Visitors and spectators are welcomed.
Deer Grove Flying Field Regulations
- All flyers must obey the new flight restrictions.
- All planes must stay within the arrow boundaries.
- Planes can not fly east or west of the arrow boundaries.
- Flying before 9:00 am and after 6:00 pm is prohibited Saturday and Sunday. Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. All pilots will use a spotter when flying!
- All pilots must have a current AMA membership or carry a District permit. Permits are obtained at GHQ (708) 771-1055 with evidence of liability insurance coverage and payment of permit fees.
- All pilots must follow AMA safety code and all FPDCC ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Flying permitted inside flight boundaries only. Flying over pits, spectators, parking lots, roadways or neighboring homes is prohibited.
- Flying or taxing in or out of the pits is prohibited. All pilots must fly from designated flight stations.
- All planes must use noise arresting mufflers. Flow through type mufflers are prohibited.
- All pilots must clearly display frequency ID on transmitter antenna. AMA site frequency control procedures must be followed.
- All pilots must use appropriate announcement when taking off, landing or in emergency situations.
- All spectators must remain behind the pit area.
- Flying by individuals under the influence of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances is prohibited.
- Violators will be subject to penalties including but not limited to loss of flying privileges and criminal prosecution.
Please read the complete Blue Max Flying Field Procedure
View Blue Max RC Club Flying Field in a larger map